mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Red Robin


So went to ethnos last night, they gave a sermon about injustice, Ashby is going to Kenya really really soon. Please pray with me that things go well, it humbles me to know that there still are people in our spoiled society willing to give up all the privilage we have to help those in need.


Anyway, that sounded really serious but after 3/4 of the church went to red robin, it was cool. That is one of the things that I like about Ethnos, they do act more like a community that any other church I've been to, people spend more than a couple hours together a week everyone wants to go out and do something.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i feel like shit after reading this post. you are right, we all sat through a sermon about caring for others with our surplus, and then we squander a portion of our surplus on red robin food we dont need.
crap.

Monday, 09 January, 2006  
Blogger Dave Ketah said...

There's always a price for community. I wouldn't feel bad about recognizing that a change might be in order.

Tuesday, 10 January, 2006  
Blogger Paulos said...

Well I wasn't posting to make anyone feel like fecal matter. Justin did have a good point about generosity though. One of my goals for the new year is to actually tithe, I haven't done my taxes yet for 2005 but I doubt that what I gave to God added up to 10% I'd like that to change for 2006.

That being said, the last time I went to red robin, Ashby said that she had no money and couldn't go, so I said that I'd pay for her but then when we got there she just got a drink, matt todd or someone got the wrong salad and the server there gave ashby the salad instead of throwing it out, when I got the check not even the drink was on the bill and the server said don't worry about it.

Crazy huh?

Tuesday, 10 January, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

any more of those pictures from red robin? if so i want some copies nigga.

Tuesday, 10 January, 2006  
Blogger Paulos said...

Got a couple more but my treo takes terrible pictures.

Wednesday, 11 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home