mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The answer to the meaning of life

Well, some people at work said that I could just plug it in to half of the slots and just leave the other 4 open. Knowing what I do about electronics that bothers me, it may work but as a rule of thumb, all nodes should be connected to something otherwise they tend to float, which is how an antenna works.

So, someone said I could get a adaptor so instead of spending $90 on a new PSU (this project is already more expensive than I wanted it to be) I can goto PCH cables in hillsboro and spend $3.35 when I have time. The Core 2 Duo is not as power hungry as the pentium D's that the 4x2 connector was designed for so I'm not too worried about splicing it putting too much of a load on the power supply.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! ...I think you wrote good news... I really didn't understand all the fancy words, but it's a good thing that's happening, right?

Monday, 20 November, 2006  
Blogger Paulos said...

Yeah looks like this little project is finally comming together

Monday, 20 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home