mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Service Project: Parry Center

Well Stephanie planned out this service project where we would make gingerbread houses with kids at the Parry center. I'm not exactly sure what all it is about but they are some of the harder kids in the system ones that didn't make it in typical foster or group homes.

I wasn't going to go because I was worried about there being more of us than there were of them and it being all weird like that. There wasn't any craziness or what not they just seemed like people, maybe with weird personality traits but I don't know. The main lady that worked there said that they can be violent but none of them were, I was really filled with anxiety but only at first. I was talking to Jen on IM and she really laid it on thick that I should be there. Nick had invited me to go hang out with him so I was going to use him as an excuse but somehow we ended up both going.

Nick told me some horror stories, like how that place was scary and how he saw them striking outside once (he lives on the east side so it isn't too far for him) Said that after the strike they just fired everyone and hired new people. Um, wow and stuff.

The other thing that surprised me is that the people who worked there were most all girls, I think I saw one guy and most all of the girls looked really young. A most of they were really cute to, it was a pleasant surprise.

Conclusion: I am glad we went and I hope we go again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, I'm glad you dediced to go. I'm also glad the cute girls decided to work their instead of the places up the street.

Wednesday, 20 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah....humanitarian cute girls! They do exist! My single guy friends all go looking for love at bars...and I keep telling them that there are nice single cute girls out there.....somewhere...

Thursday, 21 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home