mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

lindy hop

This dance looks really cool when people do it or mix it up with some other dance moves but it is really difficult for me. Sometimes when I spin my dance partner around after pulling her back in we spin about a quarter circle too much or I'll pull her back in a couple steps to early. It mostly ends in me getting dizzy.

I was talking to a girl I met last night about it and she said that if I kept at it I'd be better at not getting so dizzy because leads tend not to get spun around as much as follows. Also looking at your dance partner instead of the the wall or something else helps. It was fun, I was able to see some people that I met last time and chat with them and meet some new people.

I'm still a little nervous though about asking girls to dance, although I'm starting to realize that this fear had no much of a basis besides my insecurity because I've never been turned down so far.

I'm told that I'm sorta tense dancing and if I try to do more than just the basic stuff I tend to miss the beat. Mindy said I should listen to some swing music at home close my eyes and focus on the beat and do what comes naturally weather it be to tap my foot of sway to the music. She said to pick out an instrument and focus on that like the steady beat of the base of the swaying beat of a horn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home