mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ape Caves


<--I am the fearsome Underminer!
Went with Theresa, her new boyfriend Jacob and two of my friend AJ and James to Ape caves. Ape caves are lave tubes at the base of mount saint helens. It was not the best time we've done it, Theresa and Jacob went ahead after a bit because the rest of us were going slow. James had a light that didn't work too well so that was slowing him down, I actually brought three lights but I gave my flashlight to AJ and kept the lantern + headlamp for myself. The headlamp though died about midway so I was mostly just using the propane lantern. It actually works very well in a complete black cave. Cheapo flashlight... not so much.

James left in the dark-->

Anyway, there were some tough times but no one got left behind and we all made it through. AJ hit his head on rocks a couple times, James twisted his ankle (luckily on the outside walk back) all in all it was exciting, a great way to spend a day, it is only a hour and a half drive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Never been to the ape caves, I'll have to go check it out some time. It sounds like fun, and I'm an adventurer.

Thursday, 31 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home