mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Monday, January 08, 2007

For Pride is a spiritual cancer: It eats up the very possibility of love, contentment or even common sense. (CS Lewis, Mere Christianity)

Chalk one up for flakeyness, I said I'd go last night if I had someone to dance with, Jen Chelsea and Ginny said they'd dance with me but I didn't go swing dancing.

I was kinda counting on Chelsea not wanting to go because she usually stays up on sunday and every time I could remember she'd always leave church right after and go back home. I asked her on myspace to go with but kept getting 'maybe' as an answer. I assumed that meant no. It turns out that she was able to get to sleep Sunday after work but I wasn't. I lay in my bed for an hour and a half but it didn't work. I ended up just staying up killed some time til I knew people would be there for church setup, because if I was awake I might as well be helpful right?

Anywho, by the time church was started I was really tired, on top of that I was cynical and temperamental. I totally didn't think Ginny would want to go so I didn't even ask, turns out she did and I just assumed that she didn't like dancing. When I took her to the toasters she didn't dance same with the Halloween party. I didn't dance at that one either though because I just don't really get into that kind of music in a dancing sort of way. I guess the point is that I was way off, Ginny actually wanted to go swing dancing.

I tried to pawn her off on Chelsea because apparently I'm her security blanket and when I said I was tired and didn't want to go she in turn didn't want to go. I gave chelsea Ginny's number when I was supposed to give Ginny Chelsea's I guess I was kinda out of it from lack of sleep. Earlier though, Dammy called and said that John (from mt. olivet.) had broken his ankle and was going in for surgery monday. The life group there was meeting him at 7 to pray for his healing.

Swing Dance lessons vs. Prayer

Prayer vs. Swing Dancing

hrmmm mmmm it was a really difficult decision, the fact that I was tired anyway and becoming incoherent sorta helped me pick going over to John's he lives off of Canyon road so it wasn't too far a drive. I guess I could have gone after but it would have been 9sh before I got to the wonder ballroom. I didn't even have the directions, after praying someone there commented on how bloodshot my eyes were so I went home and went to bed shortly thereafter.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul. Sorry you couldn't sleep the other night. Maybe it's the coffee. Try unplugging the espresso IV, maybe you'll get to sleep a bit sooner.

What the heck. You ask a girl to dance, and don't go. That's a no no

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

I know rumor will spread and no girl will ever want to be around me again.

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul that was LAME. VERY VERY LAME. Ginny came to the dance for like... 10 minutes? Poof!!! Off she went without a goodbye. Last night I was thankful for Troy, the only person I invited to swing dance that actually CAME. Ginny doesn't count since she barely stopped by.

What the heck is it that makes people (yes, Ethnos people) unwilling to participate in social events????!!?? Besides the select few that have kids as an excuse. Random vent of annoyance.

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still wishing I could go...

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean could have...

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

It is every sunday night, we could go and learn some moves this week.

Tuesday, 09 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home