mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Global Warming

So, I decided to stay home today because I haven't been feeling well. I watched the al gore special on global warming and some of it I agreed with, yeah we have some sustainability issues that need to be address. They won't be addressed though because of special interests.

One thing that wasn't even touched on was nuclear recycling. WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS?!

Nuclear Reaction

What we call 'alternative energy' is not cost effective. Al Gore makes it sound like we are just being stupid for not changing but it isn't as simple as that. For example, he put up a wind farm that was hmm I think 300kV and cost millions and on the transmission lines they are required to put bird spacers ever 30 feet but the wind will blow them to the end and they'll have to send crews out to fix them, which costs. However they've never killed a bird...

That being said, cars in the US, big big problem, not just for the environment but it costs in other ways too, I'm sick of both of the major parties, they both don't have a clue. Republicans are in bed with oil so they won't touch this, Democrats are in bed with the auto unions so they won't touch this either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as I can by a 1968 Mustang and restore it someday... It's all good... right?

Don't take away my Mustang.

Monday, 01 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well let's just make a super virus that will randomly kill half the world's human population. That'll lower our pollution problem.

Wednesday, 03 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last comment was me
-T

Friday, 05 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home