mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Close Call

Last night I rode out to the east side to visit some friends. When I was riding down 26 towards the tunnel I noticed that putting on the gas wasn't making it accelerate and it was kinda bogging down / sputtering. So, I figured I could coast faster and put my hand on the clutch. I noticed than that the RPMs went down to zero.

Yes the engine had stopped running. So I got it to do some more sputtering / coasting down til 405 when it quit. It didn't take me long to figure out that I had run out of gas. I tried to start it again a few times with no luck than switched to the reserve. A cop pulled over with lights next to me and asked

"Is everything allright?"

I responded over traffic going by, "Yes, I just ran out of gas I need to switch to the reserve and get going"

He answered, "Allright, just checking" and turned his lights off and drove off. Luckily I was able to get going again right after that (I was having some trouble getting it to start even after switching to the reserve) and stopped at the next available gas station.

My life is exciting sometimes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home