mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Apparently homeless people need beer once an a while

I was going to a dance last night but showed up early. So I walked up and down main street in Tigard to kill some time and see what was there. Most of the shops were closed down but it still was a nice strip, something that reminded me of a small town.

I was about to call my dad and see how he was doing when I was approached by a woman. She looked middle aged and had a rhaspy voice, looked dirty. So I was thinking homeless. She said her name was Tanya and her friend Tad had gotten hit by a car on 99w. She said she was going to be completely honest with me. I said I appreciate honesty. Doctors didn't think he'd wake up but he did and she wanted money to buy a beer to celebrate.

I listened, listened, listened... she kept talking about why I should buy her a beer. Finally after I got a chance to say something I said, "Will you accept no for an answer." Originally she didn't give me a yes or no answer so I had to ask her a few times. Finally, she said that she'd accept no for an answer.

So, I bought her a beer got myself one too, she knew of this little mexi mart where a huge can of beer was $1.50. So, I went back behind the shop and hung out with her and a couple guys that were her friends I suppose and listened to a guy named dave's story as well about how he used to live in Aloha and all of the trouble he got in while in high school.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Cool story, Paul!

Monday, 20 October, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow kudos Paul.
-Theresa

Monday, 23 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home