mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mute

Today at Mount Olivet the guy I normally work with for sound wasn't there. He tends to work the board and I set up the stage. Now he was gone, didn't tell me told someone else but I never heard of it. So I hadn't ever set up the board before because he always does it. I've seen it done a couple times but never did it myself.

So I tried, but we had monitors but no house speakers. We meet at south ridge high school so the setup is a bit weird, they have the stage all wired, it leads back to the south booth / lighting booth up above the auditorium, so we take those leads snake them down to our own board and plug in our board into the their board and use their amp and speakers. Turns out that there was a couple leads labled output on our board and I pluged in above the lable, but it should have been below. Spent an hour of a half trying to get house speakers working and nothing :(

They just turned the monitors around facing the crowd and cranked them up so everyone could hear. After the service it took my friend Leno 5 mins to see the problem, switch the plugs and all the of mics worked.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer dude! Communication sure is important, it's too bad you had to be the 'victim' of a breakdown.

Monday, 09 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home