mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Seamstress


Well folks, a while back I bumped into a wooden pole while trying to park and it tore my bra. Ginny's stepdad let me borrow a needle and I went to michael's to get some thread. It turns out that Michael's = NO MANS LAND! I didn't see another guy in the whole store. I found some thread and some leather working things but was really confused like a deer in the headlights, I wandered around for a while with my hands in my pockets looking uncomfortable hoping that someone would save me and give me some direction.

I eventually got brave and talked to a lady in a red apron, she told me that they had regular thread and some leather thread (I had seen both already) but that there was a sewing machine store right next door. I thanked her and checked out the leather thread, it was an insane $17 a roll, the bra costs about $40 new so I was like um no and headed to the sewing machine store next door. There were two girls working the counter and helping an elderly looking lady, the free one asked if I needed help, I told her that I was looking to sew up some vinal. She pointed me to the adjoying fabric section saying there were some apolstry threads. I went there saw lots of threads but wasn't sure what to do. I asked a gray haired woman with short hair who was folding some fabric if she could help me, she said that there was the polyester and the nylon though sometimes the nylon thread is too strong and can tear things. I went with a roll of black nylon, stood in line behind 4 women and there was a girl working the casheer too, I felt outnumbered.

I payed a $4.95 for the roll and went home to start doing something _very_ unmanly (sewing). So that's where I'm at now, I think it looks better and I didn't spend as much money fixing it. BTW sewing it up was my Dad's idea.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I'm proud of you, Paul! You braved the girly gaggles to accomplish your mission, and you didn't back down when it came to the part where you had to do something "girly" yourself!

~ Piper

Wednesday, 20 September, 2006  
Blogger Paulos said...

It was fun, I actually felt like I accomplished something.

Friday, 22 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the sewing!! Hey, I don't hear your new song on this site?

Monday, 25 September, 2006  
Blogger Paulos said...

Hrmm, it's an embeded MP3, what browser are you using?

Monday, 25 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok wierd...NOW it works!

Tuesday, 26 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are no less manly for this. There is an exemption for car-related sewing.

Thursday, 28 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT? Real men know how to sew.

Example:
My dad

Justin

now Paulos

Paul (the apostle)

Wednesday, 04 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home