mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In which I am punched in the face by a stationary boulder

Jen called me this morning and invited me to go sledding. Her mom dropped off us at the top drove to the bottom then drove us back up. Well we were going down this road that was very steep up off of skyline. I took it down once ok, so I decided to try to go faster next time.

Plastic sleds don't steer very well, add to that, they don't steer very well going way to fast and face first.

Round a sharp corner I tried to go, off the road I went, there was a rush of white powdery stuff, a sudden jolt and everything went black, I tried to take a breath in but it wouldn't happen. Luckily this was only temporary.

Turns out that I flew face first into a rather large boulder, I kinda hit it on the side so my jaw is way bigger than it needs to be and my whole right side is ouchy. It was fun though up until I hit the rock.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ok?!?!?!?

-T

Wednesday, 17 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH!

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy said it was a quite a heavy impact. Supposedly he tried to get in the middle of it, apparently to cusion you while you slammed into him, and him into the rock. I liken it to jumping on a grenade for your buddy.

Friday, 19 January, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

Well he did yell something at me and I tried to turn but it just didn't happen, think it was more a function of the sleds and stuff.

Friday, 19 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sledding with you was fun, Paul! You were a good sport even when injured and swollen. Pics from that day on my blog!

Monday, 22 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home