mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Monday, February 26, 2007

new week

What's happin today?

Well I tried to call people to make plans this morning and it turns out that my cell phone is disabled. My bill is two months behind, I sent in a check last week to cover the two months but it looks like I'm still cell phoneless. This is odd because I don't have a land line either.

How does this make me feel?

1. Naked, now that I am not carrying around my cell phone my pocket feels empty, like something is missing. Similar to walking outside without wearing a shirt or pants.

2. Disconnected, I want to use my cell phone to reach out to people and hear from them and have them speak to me but this can't happen. I try and just get this stupid recording.

3. Isolated, with limited connectivity I feel cut off. Yes, I can use myspace or post on blogs but that is it. No one is here I am alone, my roomie is at work, I could IM some people but still, the only one that I really IM is Jen and she's at work so I don't want to decrease her productivity.

4. Wondering what to do, I am a people pleaser and if there isn't anyone around to please I find myself sitting here with no direction. I ended up going the mall and buying some stuff. I hate the mall, I hate shopping but I needed SOMETHING to do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Paully-Wally don't be sad *hugs* you can always do other stuff like clean your kitchen, or tub, or bathroom sink, or the sheets on your bed...

-T

Monday, 26 February, 2007  
Blogger Mandelle said...

You could sign up for internet bill pay - it's pretty instant. THat sucks man, but I have to say that I often leave my cell at home on purpose just so NOONE can get ahold of me ;)

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Blogger Kathi said...

Go to the library and get a good book. Go to a museum. There are so many good things around Portland to do.

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

Yeah, good call on cleaning, I did some dishes yesterday, Ginny came over on break and we cooked some nasty stuff that she said I should throw away.

It has been a few weeks last time I washed sheets.

My cell phone still doesn't work, argh! So currently I am fasting from ebay, meat and forceably not using my cell phone.

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And still doing the dishes right ;)
-T

Friday, 02 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home