mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No meat for 40 days (day 1)

Yesterday was fat tuesday and I made a bunch of bacon... I didn't eat it all but it is sitting on the counter in the same spot as yesterday morning temping me.

Lately I've been denying myself things I indulge in. I don't want things to be in control of my life I want God. I've already decided to quit fast food and have done good with that. For February I am fasting from ebay. That's been tough, I think I have problems being materialistic so that is a good exercise for me.

Also, I've put on some weight over the past few years, I got a blood test at work (for less than free wooo) and they said that my cholesterol is high. I want to have a healthy lifestyle and I want to deny myself so that I can focus on Christ better. Jesus hung out in the desert for 40 days with no food, I should be able to just not eat dead flesh of beast for that long. It isn't going to be easy though.

I think I better hide that bacon away so it isn't as much of a temptation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you'll do fine, just get past the first few days, that is the tough part.

Thursday, 22 February, 2007  
Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Good for you! A 40 day fast is a very good exercise for developing discipline.

I'll eat that bacon...

Thursday, 22 February, 2007  
Blogger Jon said...

Oh. the bacon. I love it.

Godspeed at you go without the flesh of beast.

ha. Funny

Thursday, 22 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home