mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Pull out of Iraq = death of millions?

I never really was a fan of the Iraq war. However lately I was looking forward to Bush leaving office and the war being over. Maybe I just got a bit too much of the liberal media. Hmm what else?

Well, I got to thinking, not about Iraq mind you but about Cambodia. At community group we studied Cambodia and apparently there was a Nazi-like cleansing that happened in the late 70s. I didn't know about this, I knew lots of bad stuff happened in Vietnam after we pulled out that we don't like to talk about but I had no idea that it affected neighboring countries.

Anyway, a few hours ago I asked Phane, a fellow I work with from Laos if he'd ever been to Cambodia. He said that he never had been. Then I told him about community group and what we discovered. He said something similar happened in Laos and that is why he is here. Anyone with education tied to the Americans was killed or became a refuge. He said it was terrible, the US just up and left, and didn't leave anything but guns for the people to defend themselves with.

He went on to say that if we do the same thing in Iraq lots of people will die like what happened in Vietnam. I was like... WOW Are we a country that will sacrifice millions of Iraqis to save thousand of soldiers?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oil Dude, this war is for oil. There is genocide going on all over the world and we are not stopping it. Iraq was about oil not weapons of mass destruction, or the killing of millions of innocent people. You've read about the construction of oil pipes Bush has going out there haven't you? We're not helping anyone but the Bush regime with that war.

-T

Friday, 09 February, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

I never said it wasn't. However, I don't agree that the war isn't helping anyone but Bush, we get told that constantly and frankly I refuse to believe that propaganda. It reminds me of animal farm.

Where is there genocide in the world that we are turning a blind eye to?

Friday, 09 February, 2007  
Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Good observation. I think this is a very serious concern that should be addressed by anyone advocating a complete pull-out.

Thursday, 15 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home