mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sakruacon 2007


So I just got back from Seattle. I haven't been there in a long time and I got to see pike's place for the first time ever.

We drove up there Friday. After work I picked up AJ, met Ginny and she drove, we slept. We watched some anime, they had some great projectors and AV systems set up all over the place. There were some vendors there that showed us some up coming things. I even got to watch some karaoke where people were singing in Japanese. There was a band from Japan that came and played a show. We caught the tail end of that. I wasn't really getting into the whole rocking out when I don't have a clue sort of thing.

Theresa met us there saturday and we watched this fansub where a girl had a 'battle skirt' that she used to kill monsters. We also watched ghost hunt. And this cute little one about dolls that battle each other rosen maiden or something like that.

I don't have any pictures (well except some crappy ones from my phone). I forgot my camera oh well. I'm having some trouble sending them from my phone it says check media settings every time I try.

The craziest thing though was that I dressed as Sesshomaru on Saturday. Even before we made it in the door strange stuff started. Strangers would just come up and hug me. The first time was kinda startling. This girl was yelling Seshi!!! and ran up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and smiled, not sure what I did to deserve such a gesture. We'd be walking and people would say stuff like "Sesshomaru, can I get your picture?", or they'd want a picture with me. Or someone would want to pet my fur. (which got hot wearing all day) later that day some people dressed up as other Inuyasha characters came up to me and said there was a photoshoot and I needed to come. So I told Ginny and AJ goodbye for now and went and hung out with people who I had never met before getting my picture taken with them. However, while they were strangers, I knew their characters quite well so there was sort of a sense of kinship because we liked the same anime enough to dress up for sakuracon.

Maybe there will be some pictures of me online somewhere I can snag for you all to look at. I probally got my picture taken several hundred times. It was exciting. It was kinda fun walking around in Seattle in a costume and getting a bunch of strange looks or kids saying your character's name with excitement. I was stopped once by this guy and gal who said they were tourists and this was their first time being in seattle and he wanted to get a picture of me with his daughter. It was fun.

I had a blast, it could have been better, we didn't stay up late and do lots of wild stuff but still the whole experience was new and enjoyable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Sounds like fun!

Monday, 09 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the next convention in Portland :)
-T

Monday, 09 April, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

Oh if we register for kumoricon by the 30th of this month we get a discount.

Monday, 09 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home