mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

My Sister

I just got off the phone with my little sister. The last time I spoke to her was in 2005. I drove out to Denver to visit (24 hour drive btw) and all I got was to have lunch with her for an hour. I felt unwanted by my family on that last visit.

Last year my little sister got divorced. She and her husband Judd were swing dance partners in high school. They were part of a troop that traveled around for a couple years until they got all burnt out on the scene, Judd started his own internet company and I think it got bought up by microsoft a few years after it started. They headed up to Seattle to work on what would later become xbox live.

Even when they lived up there, they never came down to portland to visit and my dad and I only went up to visit maybe twice. Anyway, my dad has kept me in the loop otherwise I wouldn't have even known that She got divorced. Apparently it went down something like: he married too young and doesn't want to be married anymore. My sis was really hurt apparently because she took it very personally. I haven't talked to her about it yet, heck, this is the first time we talked, even on the phone in almost two years.

Back when I used to live in Colorado little sis and I used to be good friends. But I moved out to finish HS here, the landlord died that had been in charge of the place where we stayed in Colorado all those years. It was Dianah's senior year of high school, she had to leave the school that she spent 3 years going to and be a senior with a whole new group. About the same time she turned her back on God and would get bitter angry when I tried to talk about it to her.

Anyway, I hope that God will heal her even if she doesn't believe He exists anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sorry man. i think it is cool though that your concern for her trumps any religious concerns. i hope she does better too man.

Wednesday, 09 May, 2007  
Blogger Linger said...

That's rough. I think you have a great heart, Paul. I hope this can bring you two closer somehow.

Friday, 11 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home