mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Calling

I've been trying to listen to less music and more sermons on the radio when I drive. Today I flipped on chuck swindol (who is going though matthew of all things!) and he was talking about when Jesus first started his ministry.

He talked about how Jesus came up to some dudes making their nets and said hey come follow me, leave this job you've been at X years and the security it provides for you and your family. And they did, that is what it is like to have a calling.

What about the wives? Can you imagine how the head of the family comes in and says, I'm quiting the family business and going to follow this guy who I didn't know before today.

If Jesus was to come into my workplace and say, Hey Paul, I've got this I want you to do and stop what you are doing and come with me. Could I just drop everything? Chuck said that perhaps the reason that the post Christmas season is so depressing is because we haven't found that calling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home