mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

let there be pain

For some reason God decided that I need to experience pain today.

At community group, a chair got knocked over and landed quite squarely on my foot, it smarted. Next, on my way back from nick and Diana's I noticed a red light at the last second and cranked the front break so much that it skidded into the ground. It was all over in an instant. There was a slight screach of rubber then the a thwack as my head hit the pavement of downtown portland. I got to use my AAA premium membership to have them tow my bike home and I got some roadrash to boot, so yeah lots of pain for today.

That is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandelle said...

Glad you are alright. If I had a dollar for every time i've laid a bike down, or wrecked a dirt bike or 4 wheeler into a tree or off a sidehill or skidded over, I would be a rich woman. Don't let it get you down....bikes can be fixed (its part of the fun)....and you won't make the same mistake twice....and you'll feel better in a few days. With a little vitamin e, some sun, and some time, roadrash fades. GOod Luck and happy trails!

Thursday, 23 August, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

thx mandy, I'm going to take your advise and get some better boots my ankle hates me right now (was wearing shoes)

Thursday, 23 August, 2007  
Blogger Mandelle said...

Yea - the last bad wreck i was in, I was wearing leather sandals and they about severed my foot - and the doc had to take a pound of gravel out of my ankle because of them. Boots are a lifesaver - and doc martins were rated the best by Easy Riders. Ebay and Zappos.com are a good place to get them less expensive. Hope you're feelin better.

Friday, 24 August, 2007  
Blogger Paulos said...

I just got some harley davidson boots off of ebay for $15 score!

Friday, 24 August, 2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Glad to hear you are okay.

I got my helmet back and might be up and riding again soon. We'll see.

Monday, 03 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home