mp
My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Well, just someone from the Northwest that hops about here and there. Hey there hi there.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

hike then die

Troy had yesterday off so I called him up and we went for a hike. We went from the zoo down to the about waterfront, and met Jen for lunch. That went from about 11:00 til 12:30 after that we hiked up to northwest where we finished the first Sunday hike with Marko. We went up Balch creek up past that stone thing (Troy took pictures) and hiked up to the wildwood trail. We took the wildwood up to everyone's favorite mansion. After that we kept going down past burnside (we already had crossed cornell) and back into washington park. We finished up at the zoo a bit after 4:00 pm.

It was the longest hike I've done in years (the only longer one I can think of was back in college from downtown to hillsboro, but I had a bike for some of that, just couldn't ride up the west hills it was too hard) but yeah, I'm not in good shape stamina-wise. After the big incline I felt all drained but forced myself to keep going though I was tired and sweaty.

Towards the end, we passed a group of joggers and Troy came up with the idea of doing the same hike again, but running it the whole time!

Finished hiking, I went home took a shower and had no energy left. I didn't even want to stand up. I was too tired to even make dinner so I just layed in a chair and fell asleep. I got up around 10pm listened to the calls I missed was still too tired to make dinner so I just drank some water and went to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Paul! You're so hardcore :)
-T

Sunday, 11 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, sounds like a good day!

Hope you guys had fun out on the water today...

Jon

Monday, 19 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home